Assistant Product Manager
Powderbeds.com are a fast growing e-commerce travel business specialising in the online sale of hotels and apartments, principally in France but also in Switzerland and North America.
Since its launch in 2010, PowderBeds has gone from strength to strength and is now one of the UK’s leading online ski accommodation retailers. Powderbeds.com is part of Osprey Holidays Ltd, a tour operator based in Edinburgh established in 1973.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
We require an intelligent, driven and personable individual with good product ability and attention to detail to come and join our team as Assistant Product Manager. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small team in a dynamic environment.
You will work closely with our Product Manager to manage our hotel and apartment suppliers and sell their product. You’ll be working as part of a small team and as a result the role is very broad in scope and responsibilities are likely to change on a daily basis, so having a flexible approach to work is essential.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the PowderBeds product strategy.
- Negotiation of contracts with our accommodation partners.
- Ensure sufficient inventory is on sale at all times.
- Support and train independent accommodation partners on how to sell effectively through PowderBeds.
- Use sales data to identify and report on key product and sales trends.
Sales and Customer Services:
- Convert customer enquiries into sales over the phone and by e-mail.
- Deliver highest standards of customer service to surpass customer expectations wherever possible.
- Respond to customers questions about the PowderBeds proposition, ski resorts and accommodation.
- Deal with any customer service issues that may arise.
You have visited a variety of different ski resorts and know the ins and outs of skiing and snowboarding and if possible, the snowsports industry. You love skiing/snowboarding and will enjoy the opportunity to talk to customers about the accommodation and skiing that might suit them.
You’re a personable individual that will bring enthusiasm and energy to the team and you’ll enjoy the variety provided by working in a small business. You’re excited by dealing with widely varying tasks and relish the opportunity to make a real difference to the growth of a young, exciting and growing business.
- The ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with accommodation partners and customers.
- You have experience in the ski industry and excellent knowledge of the resorts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in French.
- The ability to work to your own initiative and bring a flexible approach to your work.
- The ability to see things from the customer’s perspective and put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
This is a 12 month contract providing maternity cover from February 2016.
Should other opportunities arise within Powderbeds or another Osprey Holidays brand and the successful candidate has excelled in the role, every effort will be made to retain their services beyond the fixed period of maternity cover.
£17,000-£19,000 dependent on experience
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org