PowderBeds Security Policy
Booking your ski accommodation with PowderBeds is safe, quick and easy.
In order to maintain customer confidentiality when securing an online payment, we ensure the security of your credit card details and other personal information, and all of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet.
Securing your payment information
• When you buy your ski accommodation over the Internet, your web browser connects with the website through an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encrypting information over the Internet
• When data is encrypted, it is scrambled between your computer and our server. The information only becomes unscrambled when it reaches us safely. It is safe, fast and ensures that no one else can read your personal information.
• As with any standard email, when emails are sent to or from PowderBeds containing your personal data they are sent in a non-encrypted format.
• We treat your privacy with the utmost importance, and we are governed by the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Once you have made a booking
When you make a booking we need to capture your personal details to go into the booking. Your information is encrypted at this point. When this happens your browser will display a small padlock or key.
Completing the transaction
When you send us your personal details, none of it is stored on the website. It is sent directly back to our secure servers (hosted by Amazon), where it only exists as part of the record of your transaction.
If you see a security message during the booking process, it is just informing you that you are entering a secure area of the site. You will also see this message when you are breaking the connection with our secure server and moving into a public area of the site. At this point all of your personal information has been discarded – even if you haven’t completed a purchase.
Internet fraud - "Phishing"
"Phishing" is an internet fraud practice which is the illegal collection of personal information by deception. Emails are sent to customers from lists illegally gathered by a third party, asking them to enter bank account or password details into a 'cloned' or illegal copy website.
• PowderBeds will never ask you to enter credit card or bank account information through any e-mail correspondence.
• The only time you will be asked for bank or credit card information is if you choose to change or cancel your booking. This information is needed to debit or credit your card accordingly.
• Emails sent from PowderBeds will contain your booking reference and the email will never be sent from a web-based mail server such as, gmail, yahoo or hotmail.
• PowderBeds will never request money payments through third parties
• If you suspect an email claiming to be from PowderBeds is fraudulent, please forward it to email@example.com to investigate its authenticity and take appropriate action.
The term ‘PowderBeds’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at 5 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1DF, UK. Our company registration number is 54143 . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.