Thanks for your interest in working for PowderBeds.com
Current Vacancy (posted January 2023):
Powderbeds.com are an Edinburgh based e-commerce travel business specialising in the online sale of hotels and apartments in ski resorts throughout France. Powderbeds.com is part of Osprey Holidays Ltd, a tour operator with a strong heritage, established in 1973.
Since its launch in 2010, Powderbeds has gone from strength to strength and is now one of the UK’s leading online ski accommodation retailers. In 2023 Powderbeds will be rebuilt onto a new platform keeping us at the forefront of travel technology and opening new opportunities for product expansion.
We require a proactive and personable individual with a passion for skiing to join our team as Product Manager. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail to join our small team in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for the contracting process with our accommodation partners and maintain excellent relationships with these partners. You will help look for new business opportunities and grow our product offering. You will be responsible for the product presentation on our website and the support of sales and product team. You will be working alongside our General Manager and a small team. The role is broad in scope and responsibilities so having a flexible approach to work is essential.
- Developing and implementing product strategy.
- Negotiation of contracts with existing and new accommodation partners.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with our accommodation partners.
- Liaising with our software partners and web developers
- Responsibility for the presentation of the product on the website including copywriting and ensuring sufficient and accurate inventory is always on sale.
- Report on product and sales data to identify key trends and opportunities.
- Support and training of our sales team.
- Assist with sales and after-sales enquiries over the phone and by e-mail as and when required.
- You have previous experience in the travel industry and have good knowledge of the ski industry.
- You are a personable and confident individual with the ability to develop strong relationships with accommodation partners, customers and the Powderbeds team.
- You are a passionate skier or snowboarder with a good knowledge of French resorts and other countries.
- You have good proficiency in French.
- You are forward-thinking, proactive and have a flexible approach to your work.
- You have strong commercial acumen.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have the ability to see things from the customer’s perspective and always strive to exceed their expectations.
This is a full time role based in our Edinburgh office.
Salary - £23,000-£25,000pa - depending on experience.
Please send your CV along with covering letter to [email protected].
Please note we don't employ in-resort staff and succesful candidates will be based in our Edinburgh office.